The theme for the annual King County Council Women’s History Month panel is “Passing the Torch: An Intergenerational Conversation.” This live, online event is sponsored and moderated by Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles, and co-sponsored by Councilmembers Claudia Balducci and Sarah Perry, the Legislative Branch Equity and Social Justice Team, and the King County Women’s Advisory Board.
The panelists sharing their experience and vision will be:
- Ana Mari Cauce, she/her, President and Professor of Psychology, University of Washington
- Luna Crone-Baron, she/her, Student Director on the Seattle Public Schools Board of Directors
- Mia Dabney, she/her, Youth activist, member of NAACP Youth Council of Seattle, and student at Howard University
- Debora Juarez, she/her, Seattle City Council President
- Estela Ortega, she/her, Founder and Executive Director of El Centro de la Raza
- Mary Ellen Stone, she/her, Chief Executive Officer of King County Sexual Assault Resource Center